About the 2013 Scottsdale Headache Symposium
2013 Scottsdale Headache Symposium®
November 21 - 24, 2013
JW Marriott Camelback Inn
About The Scottsdale Headache Symposium®
The Scottsdale Headache Symposium® continues to be a successful venue for providing practical, clinical, evidence-based information on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of headache patients. Education is presented in didactic, case-based, evidence-based, panel, and demonstrative formats. AHS celebrates over 55 years of leading and serving the headache community.
Final Program Available Now!
Please click here to view the Final Program. Hard-copies will be available on-site.
Who Should Attend?
This symposium is designed for general practitioners, internists, pediatricians, neurologists, anesthesiologists, dentists, physical therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, and other health professionals who treat headache.
At the completion of this Program, the attendee will be better able to:
- Prescribe migraine preventive treatments based on the results of the clinical evidence and the recommended standards of care for patients needing migraine prevention
- Identify which medications may be best for migraine prevention based on the patient’s overall clinical conditions, co-existing conditions, preferences, and presence of contraindications
- Explain the different benefits and risks of nerve block procedures for headache management and onabotulinumtoxinA treatment for chronic migraine
- Perform occipital nerve, supraorbital, and supratrochlear nerve blocks and onabotulinumtoxinA injections in appropriate headache patients
- Interpret the results of clinical evidence in order to help better select treatments that will be most effective and safe for migraine prevention